Pictora is a not-for-profit social enterprise, working with prisoners, ex-offenders and those who are vulnerable in society.
Pictora brings the therapeutic value of art together with the practical creativity of entrepreneurship.
Our story so far...
Since its establishment in 2009, Pictora has provided a innovative range of in-prison and in-society support:
* Using the power of creativity to support individuals to develop self esteem, confidence and employability skills.
* Training prisoners in prisons and the vulnerable in the community to develop practical business enterprise skills.
* Developing actions and projects to help reduce the likelihood of reoffending and to support the process of resettlement.
* Providing ongoing support tailored to individual needs and those of their families.
Our work and impact...
The Pictora team is a mix of criminal justice sector, labour market and education professionals, who have experience providing training in 17 prisons, a range of probation offices and job centres across the UK. Pictora staff have also delivered training in prisons across the EU including, Portugal, Estonia and Lithuania.
The unique Pictora approach is effective in supporting and mentoring vulnerable individuals through engagement in creative activities. Pictora staff have helped to turnaround troubled lives, build self-confidence and self-esteem, creating a 'can do' approach to life and work.
Our work includes, prison based creative projects, Made Visible exhibitions, photography walk and talks, 1:1 mentoring, life coaching and employability sessions.
Our social enterprise…
Pictora is an innovative 'not for profit' Social Enterprise (Company Limited by Guarantee), created by a partnership of staff working in the criminal justice, education, labour market and creative sectors.
The day-to-day running of the activities of Pictora are financed through the sale of art and merchandise on the Pictora Shop website and community craft markets, plus external funding and donations for special projects.
Our Pictora Art Gallery...
Pictora is always proud to present and promote the creative work of prisoners, ex-offenders and those who are vulnerable in our society.
Displaying art and photography on our website, builds the confidence and self-esteem of individuals that Pictora supports and mentors.
Please take time to explore our galleries and well would love to receive your feedback comments to share anonymously with the artist, poet or photographer. Click here to provide feedback!
Our Pictora Art Shop...
A stylish Pictora shop, selling an exclusive range of greeting cards, prints and mugs is accessible at www.pictora.shop.
Your purchases support the work of Pictora, both in prison and in the community.
To be one of the first to be notified when the Pictora shop has new stock, up to-date Pictora news and receive special discount codes: click here!
Remember, Pictora also has a pop-up shop in community craft markets throughout the year.
Pictora wishes to thank:
* The Ministry of Justice (including the former National Offender Management Service) for its support in our initial development stage,
* The Big Lottery, European Social Fund and Erasmus+ for supporting special projects,
* The High Sheriff of Hertfordshire for the launch of the Made Visible project,
* The Royal Society of Arts.
Pictora is proud to be members of:
Social Enterprise UK, Buckinghamshire Business First, Clinks and the National Criminal Justice Arts Alliance.
A big thank to all our staff and volunteers, without whose support the amazing work of Pictora would not be possible.